loader

Talk

Advanced search

another 16 week old marathon feeding/lack of sleep thread

(6 Posts)

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

kazbeth Sat 17-Jan-09 12:11:23

You have my sympathies. My baby is 2 weeks old and last evening fed for 6 hours solid. I eventually gave in and gave her a bottle of formula as I just couldn't take it any more.

No idea how long it goes on for though (sorry, not much use am I).

izzybiz Sat 17-Jan-09 12:26:02

My Ds is 17 weeks tommorrow, and is fully formula fed, I'm not feeding as often as you, but he is still waking 2-3 times a night.

What I'm trying to say is that Formula really isn't all that!!

Like I said I know its not that frequent feeds wise, but I'm still knackered from the broken nights too!

Keep going, you know you want to really!!smile

bubbleymummy Sat 17-Jan-09 12:27:10

Leonie - I remember that phase all too well and it IS really hard. Not sure how your DD would react but my friend used to use a muslin cloth or blankey when she was feeding her little boy and kind of drape it over him while he was feeding so he didn't get so distracted when feeding during the day. Sometimes I just had to take DS somewhere quiet. Do you have her in the bed with you or in a bedside cot at night? This makes things a bit easier and you may get some more sleep - which always makes things seem better!It does stop soon - as you know from your first!
Kazbeth - it's hard when they're that age too but just go with it and your milk supply will increase. I know it's tempting to give formula but this will just delay the change in your supply. Just feed feed feed for a couple of days and it will sort itself out. xo

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now