Talk

Advanced search

Positive outcome from our loss

(67 Posts)
bubble99 Fri 01-Apr-05 22:44:43

Once we knew we were expecting twins and towards the end of my pregnancy, I ordered lots of twins stuff. I got books on parenting multiples and a particularly snazzy twins breastfeeding cushion called "EZ2Nurse" via The States. When Bo died and Elijah and I got home from hospital without Bo I was met by the double pushchair, books and the cushion. That was very sad. My health visitor, who is fab and was my HV for my previous DS came 12 days after we'd been home and I gave her the cushion and the books. We're hanging on to the double pushchair as I'm hoping to conceive asap so we'll need it. I asked her to give the cushion, unwrapped and still in box, to someone who would benefit from it.
The HV visited yesterday and, as she was leaving, told me that she'd given it to a seventeen year old who didn't have a bean and had had twins. She had, apparently, wanted to BF but had encountered peer and family pressure to bottlefeed. No flaming here, I'm just recounting what the HV told me, Anyway, with the help of the BF cushion she is doing really well with BF even though she is tiny and the cushion is almost the same size as her. Isn't that a positive outcome from something so bad?

hunkermunker Fri 01-Apr-05 22:45:28

That's beautiful, Bubble - has brought a tear to my eye.

pixiefish Fri 01-Apr-05 22:46:25

that's all i can say bubble-

SoupDragon Fri 01-Apr-05 22:47:32

There's nothing I can say really. Quite frankly, you're amazing.

Merlin Fri 01-Apr-05 22:49:29

Bubble you truly are a star.

snafu Fri 01-Apr-05 22:49:33

Bubble, that is just lovely.

duster Fri 01-Apr-05 22:51:58

"Isn't that a positive outcome from something so bad?"

Yes!

Bubble, i don't post much so you won't know me, but I'd just like to say how bowled over I am at the way you are dealing with the lost of little Bo, and at how much pleasure the new use of the cushion has given you. Most humbling.

Hope you conceive number 5 (?) v soon.

tiffini Fri 01-Apr-05 22:56:07

i dont think i have ever known anyone so thoughtfull and selfless.

you truly are one in a million, i hope there is a lot of happiness coming yourway.

suedonim Fri 01-Apr-05 22:57:21

I wish there was a tearful emoticon on MN.

Mud Fri 01-Apr-05 22:59:41

Well done the bubbles

Yes I thnkn that's a wonderful outcome

Rowlers Fri 01-Apr-05 23:02:04

Bubble, haven't posted on your threads before but have read them and been very saddened by your story. I'm just not very good at finding the right thing to say.
I still don't know what to say! I'm just pleased we have people like you around. What a kind thing to do in such a terribly sad situation.
Keep climbing!

suzywong Fri 01-Apr-05 23:09:55

Oh that really is a positive outcome

flamesparrow Fri 01-Apr-05 23:11:54

You are a star. I hardly know you, and yet in the posts I have read from you, you shimmer and shine.

xxxx

misdee Fri 01-Apr-05 23:14:40

bubble, i think we need a blub smiley on here. u always bring a tear to my eye and not in a sad way always. you are amazing.

RnB Fri 01-Apr-05 23:15:08

Message withdrawn

RnB Fri 01-Apr-05 23:15:31

Message withdrawn

JanH Fri 01-Apr-05 23:18:04

That is such nice news, bubble!

Hope you do need the other half of the double buggy soon

bobbybob Fri 01-Apr-05 23:19:25

What a great outcome, the recipient of the cushion will save heaps of money through your kind gesture, as well as all the other benefits.

Socci Fri 01-Apr-05 23:20:04

Message withdrawn

moondog Fri 01-Apr-05 23:23:18

Oh bubble...... despite feeling so for you too.
XXX

chipmonkey Fri 01-Apr-05 23:37:30

! best I can do for a tearful emoticon, Bubble !

ionesmum Fri 01-Apr-05 23:47:31

Bubble, what a beautiful thing. Big hug to you.xxx

uwila Sat 02-Apr-05 22:59:14

Bubble,
You kindness and your strength are truly remarkable. Are you a real person? Or an angel in disquise?

uwila Sat 02-Apr-05 23:02:16

BTW, if I recall correctly, Bo's memorial was on the 22nd. Was it a nice ceremony? Of course, it must have been sad and miserable. But, I hope you were able to give him a nice good-bye.

cheekychops03 Sat 02-Apr-05 23:12:01

Gosh, what an amazing person you are. Lots of positive thoughts and wishes coming your way from our household.
What a lucky baby Bo was - and your other children are - to have such a lovely Mum.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: