Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

When do you stop sterilising your bottles?

(5 Posts)
Bethron Fri 01-Apr-05 19:22:46

Message withdrawn

stitch Fri 01-Apr-05 19:25:26

with ds1, who was mostly bottle fed, i sterilised till he moved onto normal cows milk. but for the younger two, who were breastfed i never sterilised any bottles. didnt express milk, and the little sods wouldnt take a bottle till they were eight months old. actually, seven and a half. gave up bfing withting two weeks of them taking formula!
id say until they start crawling, which is when there hands are filthy anyways, so whats the point in sterilising one thing. you cant sterilise the floor....

vickiyumyum Fri 01-Apr-05 19:26:22

it always used to be 6 months, because then they are likely tobe mobile and putting allsorts into their mouths so as long as you wash thoroughly with hot soapy water will be fine.
but i always sterilised milk bottle and cups up to a year, especially if it was a night time bottle that had been left on the bedside table for a few hours. just to be on the safe side. (paranoid i know)

Bethron Fri 01-Apr-05 19:35:40

Message withdrawn

eidsvold Sat 02-Apr-05 09:03:21

i sterilised up to one with dd1 - after she was 12 months old - I then put them through the dishwasher.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now