Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Idly wondering about breastfeeding

(6 Posts)
hunkermunker Fri 01-Apr-05 11:48:04

I'm still feeding DS, who will be one on Sunday. I've been wondering some things about the biology of breastfeeding as I think back to the early days and the shelf-like hot boobs that felt like they'd pop if I moved too fast.

What would happen if I was to be feeding a newborn whilst I was still feeding DS? Would I still get the engorged 'milk coming in' feeling after the colostrum (I know you get the colostrum) and would it still feel so uncomfortable? Would the growth spurts of the newborn be as noticeable or would there be more milk there anyway? I know that older children can go off bfeeding as the milk changes during pg and with a newborn.

Not that I'm pg, just wondering really. I find the mechanics of breastfeeding fascinating - I'm still amazed that I can produce something that nourishes another person - this baby thing is really incredible!

bobbybob Sat 02-Apr-05 08:20:49

Just bumping for you, I am interested too.

hunkermunker Sat 02-Apr-05 16:09:09

Thanks bobbybob - how are you? How's your comical and adorable DS? xxx

stitch Sat 02-Apr-05 17:34:28

there is someone on mn who did tandem feeding. cant remember who, maybe if you put the question in the title they will see it, and answer your queries

stitch Sat 02-Apr-05 19:33:25

this

scroll down about midway i think

hunkermunker Fri 08-Apr-05 00:45:26

A very belated thank you Stitch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now