Talk

Advanced search

Advice re: bottle feeding - amount of milk

(6 Posts)
Spongebob Thu 31-Mar-05 21:37:40

HI all. My ds of 8 months is eating his solids with gusto, but has cut back on his milk and is only taking around 10oz a day! My HV says he should really still be having around 18oz a day. I give him yoghurts etc...but its hard to hide 8oz of milk in his food...is this something I should be concerned about?

Spongebob Thu 31-Mar-05 21:53:06

bump anyone?

KathH Thu 31-Mar-05 21:53:17

cant help but i've posted a similar question about my 6 mth old - at least i know i'm not the only one! (he only managed 7 oz yesterday + yoghurst+ veg in cheese sauce and today wasnt much better)

hunkermunker Thu 31-Mar-05 21:55:00

Can you give him porridge for breakfast? DS will eat porridge made with 6 or 7oz of milk and still has three or four big breastfeeds a day, plus cheese and some days natural yoghurt. Does cheese 'count' as more milk? I seem to remember reading somewhere that it did.

Spongebob Thu 31-Mar-05 21:56:11

Its a bit worrying isn't it? When you read/hear that they should be having so much more. I too give yogs and cheese sauses etc, but theres only so much you can hide.

Spongebob Thu 31-Mar-05 21:57:29

I give him porridge but he wont I use about 3-4 oz milk, he wont eat a huge amount, as he likes his toast and fruit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now