Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

New mum with feeding worries

(10 Posts)
hummingbird123 Wed 30-Mar-05 21:20:50

Just wondering if anyone can help. D's is 10 weeks old and has been the a perfect feeder from day 1. I have been following the Baby Whisperer book and its working perfectly (e.a.s.y. etc...)... however, d's has suddenly started to play around with her bottle, wont take to it properly and sometimes cries during feed or straight after??? She has progressed upto a 6 ounce bottle nicely since her birth, but for the past week is only taking 4 ounces....

Have any experienced mothers any advice please???

pupuce Wed 30-Mar-05 21:21:54

Quick question, have you changed teats?

hummingbird123 Wed 30-Mar-05 21:41:39

yes, I am feeding with avent bottles and have changed from teat 1 to teat 2. Do you think this could be the problem?! Thanks for your response

Mosschops30 Wed 30-Mar-05 21:43:46

Message withdrawn

Rowlers Wed 30-Mar-05 21:44:00

Not sure I can help at all but I do recall DD (now 1) had really hungry days and others when she wasn't that bothered. Is DS well and happy? If so, try not to worry. It's easy to panic when routines / patterns change.

hummingbird123 Wed 30-Mar-05 21:49:37

d's is fine and putting on weight etc, very happy and smiling. It's just thrown me when d's started as such a good feeder and is now messing with bottle. Since d's has started playing with daytime bottle, the one night time feed at 3am has changed to d's waking at 12pm, 3am and 5!!

nightowl Wed 30-Mar-05 22:34:27

dd did this. she would only drink from variflow teats and only certain ones. she hated the ones on the avent bottles included with my steraliser.

nightowl Wed 30-Mar-05 22:37:05

had to give all my nice avent bottles away!

kama Wed 30-Mar-05 22:38:10

Message withdrawn

charleepeters Wed 30-Mar-05 22:41:06

best thing is to talk to the health visitor but aslong as there putting on wirght and are otherwise healthy than it shouldnt be a problem but best to ask at next wirgh in but ds is 7 months ans till has days where he just wont take his bottle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now