Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone using Dr Browns bottles with Aptamil Easy Digest Formula?

(7 Posts)
Mini24 Fri 09-Jan-09 15:29:58

Hi
I started using Aptamil Easy Digest about a week ago for my 5 week old baby. She seems to be getting on ok with it. I did buy some size 2 teats as the milk is thicker.

However not sure if i need to go up a size on teats, as its taking my LO ages to drink her milk. She also falls asleep after drinking an oz or so. Does this sound like she may need a larger teat?

Anyone else using these bottles with this milk? What size teat are you using?

Thanks xx

PuzzleRocks Fri 09-Jan-09 16:40:35

Bumping for you.

princessdaisyboo Sat 10-Jan-09 21:20:02

hi i bought a box of this yesterday as there was no number 1 in asda and it sounds ideal for my colicky gentle stomached ds, i tried to make some up but it wouldnt disolve in the water properly it was grainy and was clogging the dr brown no 2 teat, i tried again with hotter water but it did the same and once i had left to cool it had seperated in the bottle as if it was off or somthing so i haven't even tried feeding it too him, when i poured it out it feels slimey and you can still see all the grains in it, does this sound normal? is this what it is like for you mini?
As for teats i was thinking of trying no 3 teats but they say they are for thicker things like soup but who feeds thier baby soup in a bottle, so do other makes of teats work on dr browns? my ds drinks really fast and finishes a bottle in 10 mins with a no 2 teat and even that does not seem fast enough sometimes so i dont think he would be happy if it went slower or he would fall asleep too??

also what does bumping for you mean?? sorry im quite new to mn so dont know all the lingo yet?
x

Nancy66 Sat 10-Jan-09 22:23:39

When somebody replies to a thread it automatically gets 'bumped' up the list to appear near the top.

So if a thread isn't getting too many responses some kind soul might 'bump' so it doesn't disappear from view.

princessdaisyboo Sun 11-Jan-09 16:23:22

oh right!!
i looked at the dr brown teats today and i had got mixed up, no 3 teats say for babies over 6 months but i would give these a try with the aptamil easy digest formula, its the no 4 ones that are for thicker liquids.

Mini24 Sun 11-Jan-09 21:46:03

Hi
Thanks princessdaisyboo for your response, yes the easy digest does seem a bit slimy but it I think its working ok, although we've been using it for 2 weeks and my little one seemed to be getting on ok with it during the first week but this week she doesn't seem to be, not drinking enough, and crying again in the evenings!

Din't know what bumping meant either so thanks for asking for me, also new to mn.

Might try the no 3 teat.

Thanks again for your reply - did you try the easy digest with your little one? You do have to make it up with hot water otherwise it doesn't mix well, and yes it does seperate after a while - I tend to put boiling water in a flask and use that to make up the feeds then cool it down in cold water. Bit of a faff but if its helping then i suppose its a small price to pay.

I agree - why would you give a baby soup(!!) and from a bottle at that!!

xx

princessdaisyboo Mon 12-Jan-09 21:26:04

hi ive not tried it yet and i do make my bottles up 3 or 4 at a time and keep them in the fridge so to start making them up as and when sounds like to much of a stress for me! my partener says i should throw it away but its dear stuff to throw a whole box in the bin!! ds has actually been more settled lately proberly the combination of using coleif and gripe water in his bottles and now he is 9 weeks i think his colicky stage is coming to an end.

good luck with your feeding, theres no harm in buying the no 3's as you will proberly need them eventually anyway.
xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now