Talk

Advanced search

How much cows milk at 12 months?

(4 Posts)
chloemegjess Sat 03-Jan-09 12:22:05

Hello. DD is 12 months old, and is having full fat cows milk now. Does anybody know roughly how much she should be having? We have never had much of a routine with milk, except bedtime so it is easy for me to change how much she has, she drinks it if I give it to her, but doesn't notice if I don't.

Any idea?

chloemegjess Sat 03-Jan-09 12:31:27

And if anybody knows how long you can use it after it has been heated then that would be very useful too!

Seona1973 Sat 03-Jan-09 13:12:09

a minimum of 350mls is recommended but includes milk in cereal, in foods, etc and other dairy products. TBH at that age I never measured how much they took. I also never heated it as ds took it cold straight from the fridge. I would say it would be ok for an hour or 2 if you did heat it - I wouldn't want to drink milk that had been hanging about for too long.

chloemegjess Sat 03-Jan-09 13:15:37

Thanks.

No, I don't measure it, I just wanted a rough guide so I have an idea. She has over 350ml though, quite a bit more, so not worried.

I am working on not heating it too, but DH keeps giving it warm and undoing all my hard work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now