Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

Anyone been on Prozac while breast feeding

(9 Posts)
Beetroot Mon 28-Mar-05 22:16:25

Message withdrawn

sansouci Mon 28-Mar-05 22:18:59

Yes, for both of mine. 4 months BF for dd on 40mg/day, 2 months for ds on same dosage. So far, no apparent side-effect, just a better mum.

Beetroot Mon 28-Mar-05 22:24:40

Message withdrawn

sansouci Mon 28-Mar-05 22:26:53

It's a great drug, Beetroot. I don't know where I'd be without it.

Beetroot Mon 28-Mar-05 22:29:07

Message withdrawn

sansouci Mon 28-Mar-05 22:44:16

I researched it thoroughly and have found no evidence of a mother's being on Prozac harming her child physically or mentally. Far more likely for a child to "come to grief" by a depressed mother!

Beetroot Mon 28-Mar-05 22:46:20

Message withdrawn

mummytosteven Mon 28-Mar-05 23:44:43

yes I did. was told by both consultant obst/gyn and psych that it was fine to bf whilst on Prozac - that they had done research that showed a minute amount went through to the milk, but it didn't have any effect on the baby. in fact my psych actually thought it was better that I bfed as I had taken prozac when PG, as it reduced the chance of any withdrawal effects on DS after the birth.

hospital midwives at my hospital didn't turn a hair at me bfing whilst on Prozac.

Beetroot Tue 29-Mar-05 10:45:50

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: