Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

nursing bras

(14 Posts)
bluemousemummy Thu 01-Jan-09 21:07:03

Am 32 weeks pregnant, when can i get measured for a nursing bra? Also, does anyone know how you measure yourself if possible cos I live in the sticks and can't get into town easily... thanks smile

whomovedmychocolate Thu 01-Jan-09 21:10:18

As late as possible. Ideally after birth! The ones you have to start with will probably not fit you after birth anyway. I got mine at 36 weeks with DD and had to replace them two weeks after she was born hmm

Get measured at M&S or somewhere local and then order from John Lewis who do free delivery and returns.

ilovetochatupsanta Thu 01-Jan-09 21:11:42

i agree, i was measured at 36 wks and had to but more when dd was 3 weeks old so wait if possible.

sweetkitty Thu 01-Jan-09 21:11:55

I seem to recall from somewhere it was 39 weeks, with DD1 I never got to 38 weeks (37 weeks) so just got measured afterwards. With the next two I estimated and bought a few cheap ones then got properly measured once things had calmed down. Pre pregnancy I'm about a 34C, your back should stay the same and go up a few cup sizes, I'm in 34D's right now. Sleep bras are great as they are just back sizes and are very stretchy so you could get 2 of them in your normal back size to tide you over.

thisisyesterday Thu 01-Jan-09 21:16:34

agree, I was measured in R&P and they advise about 6 weeks after birth so that your body has had time to settle down a bit.

I wouldn't go to anywhere like mothercare or marks and spencer to be measured, they're notoriously bad,
do you have a bravissimo or anything near you?

it's one of those things that is definitely best done properly. a badly fitting bra is crap, a badly fitting nursing bra is even worse IMO!

bluemousemummy Thu 01-Jan-09 22:00:17

Thanks guys. Nothing remotely nearby unfortunately so i was trying to be organised as have no car and it's an hour and a half on the bus to the nearest M&S, Debenhams etc. I may just have to guess and get by for the first few weeks I think and then brave the bus after that!! smile

tutu100 Thu 01-Jan-09 22:04:09

i have some bravado bras which i find are excellent as they are designed to cover a range of back and cup sizes. handy when your boobs are changing size by the hour and really comfortable.

probably not great if you have massive boobs but mine are a d cup at the moment - ds is 4 weeks and i find them supportive enough.

lilQuidditchKel Thu 01-Jan-09 22:07:21

ditto bravado is super excellent, so comfy and easy to use. Plus they adjust during the day (your size will change by the hour!)

katpink Thu 01-Jan-09 22:15:04

depending on your cup size you not need to get nursing bras. i have largeish boobs 32H and could never get enoungh support so have always worn normaly ubderwired bras. just made such i got measured regulary and took it off when i was at home. i have never had a problem.
i have only changed size about 3 times in 2years of feeding. Although if you go down this root be prepared to fight with or lie to the bra fitting women who will refuse to sell you a bra if your pregnant or breastfeeding. i have lied argued and stamped my feet to get a bra before(even spoken to the manager of a large well know department store).

thisisyesterday Thu 01-Jan-09 22:19:25

ooh ktpink, i am 32H too! i have 2 lovely Freya ones that are fab, and a Royce one.

whomovedmychocolate Thu 01-Jan-09 22:34:13

I get my Royce ones from John Lewis online (I'm now a 32K) and they used to have a really good online measuring guide.

mrsjammilovessantababy Thu 01-Jan-09 22:39:39

Message withdrawn

ilovelovemydog Thu 01-Jan-09 22:41:57

Bravado Bras are fab. I live in their tanks which can look amazingly like a camisole given a blazer...

(and do a really funky leopard bra)

chloemegjess Thu 01-Jan-09 22:42:52

Don't do it days after the birth. I made this mistake, not realising that my boobs were extremly full and swollen and would go back down within a week. Completly wasted my money!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now