Talk

Advanced search

Damn! Why hello, AF. I have not missed you.

(6 Posts)
MamaHobgoblin Sat 20-Dec-08 15:42:28

Oh, suppose this is potentially TMI...

Period started this morning after 18 months without. sad I was sort of wondering when they'd start again, especially since we started weaning and DS is taking less milk (I think) and dropped a couple of feeds. He was EBF for 6 months and still has 5 or so feeds in a 24 hour period. He's 9 m.

Just wondered what the average for re-starting was, and how regular they are once they get started up again? The thing I find most annoying is the unpredictability - haven't found myself suddenly all swimming for years. Presumably they're not going to recommence at every c.29 days? At least my mooncup still fits, eh? grin

PortAndStilton Sat 20-Dec-08 17:06:23

First time round mine started at around 9 months and were back to regular-as-clockwork right away.

This time DD is 8.5 months, so I am waiting...

psychohohohoho Sat 20-Dec-08 17:06:47

mine always restarted 9mths after having my babies.....even with DS2 who I stopped BF earlier than all the others.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 20-Dec-08 17:08:15

God you lucky things.

I got mine 4 wweks after with all 3 of mine despite EBF.

aGalChangedHerName Sat 20-Dec-08 17:09:16

And came reguar as clockwork. Except dd2,have them every 2 weeks and she's now 2.5 angry

Grendle Sat 20-Dec-08 17:56:43

With ds mine started at 1 year 9 days, exactly 2 weeks after I stopped expressing at work. Straight back to one every 31 ish days

This time, I'm still waiting at 16 months+ grin.

One study showed that the average was just over 14 months, in mothers who always breastfed on cue, didn't give other forms of milk and didn't use dummies. The variation is really wide though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now