Talk

Advanced search

will boobs return to normal during BF??

(20 Posts)
roosmum Thu 24-Mar-05 10:59:26

ds is 7 weeks ... just wondering whether my oversized boobs (from a normal comfortable 34C) will get down to something like my normal size whilst I'm BF ... they feel huge & it's annoying me, plus most tops just don't fit..!
heard that they might settle down at 10-12 weeks..? but then gp said at 6 week check that they'd never be small again...
any thoughts??

suzywong Thu 24-Mar-05 11:06:25

well they won't be small again because they are doing the very important job of providing the best kind of nourishment there is for your baby

However, they will settle down and not be the melons that are making you uncomfortable once your baby is about 3 months and you and he have got in to a feeding routine where your breasts know when and how much he is going to take. They are very clever things, breasts, and you will feel comfortable again in about a month. Good luck and HTH

roosmum Thu 24-Mar-05 11:21:21

thank susiewong ... i'm 100% happy with the BF, as best thing for ds, & it's going really well i think. just don't like the i've-had-a-boobjob look ... some might but it's not for me - glad to think they might calm down soon

mears Thu 24-Mar-05 11:26:13

They definately will become more 'normal' looking about the 3 month mark. That is ofetn when women think their milk has dried up because they do not feel so full. However, as suzy says, the breasts are really clever things and can make all the milk babies need without remaining massive

roosmum Thu 24-Mar-05 11:29:48

yay, thanks mears.
maybe i can enjoy my new shape if i think it's just a temporary thing

thefoodfighter Thu 24-Mar-05 16:41:09

...um well yes no longer feel pumped up ...but i was a 34c before ds was born, became and still am 36dd, he's 10mths, not best pleased! ...thing is don't know whats worse, if they shrink will i be left...saggy...oh god!

bonym Sat 26-Mar-05 21:46:13

I was 36B before having dd1 - even after I had finished b/f my boobs didn't return to their original size - ended up as 34D. DD2 is now 6 days old and I hate to think what size i'll end up with this time around!

chipmonkey Sat 26-Mar-05 21:55:26

You lucky things! Mine are small and floppy and as my bum is big I look all out of proportion

kama Sat 26-Mar-05 21:55:27

Message withdrawn

thefoodfighter Sat 26-Mar-05 21:56:53

well chip monkey, mine are big and floppy...and so is my butt he he!

suzywong Sat 26-Mar-05 22:23:08

since we are all comparing knorks here... ds2 is winidng down the last bedtime BF and already before he's really stopped my pre-preg E/Fs are shying away from the cups of my bras leaving a lot of gaping and I think I'm going to end up being a.....D or something .

At last I'll be able to get in to an Elle MacPherson bra!

chipmonkey Sat 26-Mar-05 22:23:23

well tff at least yours match!

Moomin Sat 26-Mar-05 22:24:55

yes they won't stay like implants for ever. you'll soon be able to tuck them into the top of your trousers. (ime!)

fatbetty Sat 26-Mar-05 22:30:56

Before ds2 I was probably a 32C and went up to 34D/E. However, I've just stopped bf feeding this week (ds2 is nearly 8 months old) and I feel like I'm about a 32A on one side and a 32C on the other (ok, maybe I am exaggerating a bit)! sigh Hope things equal out here soon. I'm desparate to get into some new bras!! I'm swimming in my bf bras.

samdarling Sat 26-Mar-05 23:05:00

All I can say is "10 Years Younger"!
The plastic surgeon says ur eyes go baggy through lack of sleep & same for breasts. Can i just say though it is PREGNANCY not BF that knackers your boobs!!! It is a falacy that BF is the culprit....not that that helps... still BF DD (9mths) After DS (3yrs) mine were pretty much same size but not as pert. Failed the pencil test - put pencil under boob - if falls, you have pert breasts, if stays there...saggy etc. Cant believe mine will ever pass (& drop) again unless I have Plastic surgery....and dont get me started on stretch marks / tummies...

NannyJo Sat 26-Mar-05 23:08:59

never had very pert boobs B4 BF and now back to normal after feeding for 10 weeks( i think so anyway DH saya they are i find it hard to tell cos it seems an age ago since pre pregnancy and pre 'body taken over by another being' days). gave up BF 4 months ago but still have milk. is this normal??

Nathanmum Sat 26-Mar-05 23:10:11

I feel like after 9 months of BF I regressed to my pubescent days! I think those of you that can keep a c are lucky...

Nathanmum Sat 26-Mar-05 23:11:48

NannyJo - I had milk for quite a while. The Doc can give you something to dry it up quicker but it will go on it's own too eventually!

Carla Sat 26-Mar-05 23:58:09

They will. Mine went from those lovely droopy U-shaped ones back to their normal pointy-outy ones. You lucky thing!!

Nathanmum Tue 29-Mar-05 14:27:10

I meant that they're just so small now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now