Talk

Advanced search

am starving whilst breastfeeding.

(9 Posts)
misdee Thu 24-Mar-05 09:38:30

never remembered feeling this hungrey when feeding dd1+2.

its too early for cakes!!!

Mo2 Thu 24-Mar-05 09:48:03

I remember this! I actually lost SO much weight (too much!) whilst breastfeeding - just never seemed to have enough time to eat!

Someone recommended fruit smoothies - esp Banana, which seemed to help inbetween meals and were relatively quick.

Also, lots of toast with marmite was a fav of mine...

katzguk Thu 24-Mar-05 09:49:42

i was always starving when i was feeding DD, and lost a nice amount of weight, just made the mistake of not downsizing my portions once she finished and put it all back on again!!

welshmum Thu 24-Mar-05 09:50:22

Afraid I existed on bananas and chocolate chip cookies!

marthamoo Thu 24-Mar-05 09:50:25

When breast-feeding it's never too early for cakes!

kama Thu 24-Mar-05 09:52:43

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Thu 24-Mar-05 09:53:44

As long as you tail off breastfeeding, rather than stopping abruptly, I think it can be ok. I ended up thinner after DS1 than I was before, and didn't put anything back on, thanks to stopping bf slowly.

katzguk Thu 24-Mar-05 09:54:59

i think the trick is to downsize as you wean, if you do it a feed at a time, i didn't and just kept tucking into the huge portions DH put in front of me, and would then snack for England!! oh and chocolate (having gone off it when PG was eating enough to make up for not eating it then!)

hope to suceed this time, am 29 weeks at the mo, so plan this time is too loose the weight through breatsfeeding but not put it back on!!

misdee Thu 24-Mar-05 10:08:28

will hold off the cakes tll 11am lol.

people say i;ve lost weight, but i dont think i have. mind u my scales are dodgey.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now