Talk

Advanced search

yet another weaning question.......

(2 Posts)
mumto2boys Sun 20-Mar-05 08:31:19

ds2 is 6mths and 3 weeks; we started weaning 4 weeks ago and initally he couldn't get the food in his mouth quick enough! I started with "thick"-ish mush and finger food - it took about a week for him to work out what to do with the finger food but then he was off! I then started offering everything (within reason!) we have and ds2 enjoyed his meals.

He then got a very bad cold 2 weeks ago and understandably went off all food. Since then it has been a struggle to get him to eat anything.... He is still bf - has a feed about 6am, (then sometimes 9-10ish), 2pmish, 6pm(bedtime) and then he wants 1-2 night feeds (btw 10-12pm and then about 2-3am). I am offering solids at 7.30-8am, 12pm-ish and then at 4.30-5pm - this is fitting in with when ds1 needs to eat.

I know it's only tasters etc... but he really isn't interested now in anything at all.... and I feel frustrated as ds1 just gobbled everything in sight and was feeding himself completely by now as I wouldn't let me help! (yes.. I know I shouldn't compare!)

Any thoughts??????

NotQuiteCockney Sun 20-Mar-05 08:33:56

I'm just getting over a bad cold myself, and I'm having a hard time getting myself interested in food, too. It may take a while for him to feel right again. He's still drinking, and I'm sure the eating will sort itself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now