Talk

Advanced search

Introducing a bottle to 3,5 month old

(5 Posts)
Mrsclark Wed 16-Mar-05 19:34:15

Hi, I hope you can help...I am really struggling here.

My DS is going on 4 months now. When he was newborn I tried him on a bottle of EBM and he took it...so I assumed it would be OK, but haven't truied since.

Now I have to return to work and am trying to get him to take a bottle for when he's at the minder. He just won't take it.

Myself, the minder and my husband have all tried and he takes a few sucks here and there but just seems to get so frustratde and distressed.

it's breaking my heart and I'm so worried he won't get enough to eat when I'm at work.

Anyone have any advice for me, please?

hermykne Wed 16-Mar-05 19:37:50

mrsc, you'll get lots of tips here or in the archived messages, whats the bottle oyu are using?
are you offering it when he is hungry?
i did have problems with my ds taking it, but wasn under the returning to work pressure, so i could hold off until he was able to play with it himself 5 1/2 mths or so, and he got the idea of sucking it. i use the playtexsystem, playtexbaby.com or -baby.com, not sure which.

its awfully distressing and you'll feel terrible so a good few hugs your way

tiktok Wed 16-Mar-05 20:26:33

MrsC....read the threads on this, there are loads of idea to try.

wendy33 Wed 16-Mar-05 20:28:55

Hi. I breastfed my daughter until I went back to work at 5 months. I also had the same problem. The way I managed it was to feed the breast milk from a bottle everytime she needed to feed. It was hard but percerveer. It worked for me and she soon started to feed once she got hungry and realised she wasnt getting the breast. Good luck and hope you have a breakthrough soon.

mamabish Thu 17-Mar-05 20:10:26

Been trying a bottle for 3 days. My 3 month old will not take it from me or hubby. Health visitor suggested today to get friend to try and to aim teat at roof of the mouth at the back as this is where the nipple goes (not down the throat)! I will get my neighbour to try tomorrow...go back to work in 4 weeks, getting a bit worried!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now