Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

How do I wean 11 months old ds if he does not drink from bottle/beaker etc?

(2 Posts)
Booklover Tue 15-Mar-05 20:43:21

My ds is on 1 bf a day now and I would like to stop bf completely. But he only drinks tiny amounts of water from a cup (usually refuses bottle and beaker) and although I give him lots of milk in his food (with cereal, cheese, yoghurt etc) I still wonder if this is enough for him? Is he getting all the benefits he should if I stop bf altogether or is it possible that he will suffer from dehydration? Would appreciate your advise as I am getting really worried!

Kate32 Tue 15-Mar-05 21:09:26

Hi - I think I have read somewhere that babies under 1 should have about a pint of milk a day, but as long as he's putting on healthy amount of weight I shouldnt worry too much. Was interested in your thread as I am trying to get my little one to start taking from a beaker, but she's having none of it - the little monkey I have tried the Avent Magic Cup & a Tommee Tippee, but neither seem to take her fancy - She is off to nursery in 5 weeks time (aarrgghhh!!!) and although only 4 1/2 mths old dont want her to still be drinking from a bottle for every feed! Any tips????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now