Talk

Advanced search

Feeding expressed milk

(8 Posts)
chipmonkey Sat 12-Mar-05 16:57:08

When giving baby a bottle of expressed milk do you always stick with a newborn teat or do you up it as they get older as you would with a bottlefed baby?
Should know this but have big gap between ds2 and ds3 so can't remember!

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 17:01:00

Message withdrawn

mears Sat 12-Mar-05 17:01:35

I always used Maws resolve teats (don't know if they make them anymore!) They had a cross shaped slit instead of a hole so the baby regulated the flow whatever age they were.

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 17:03:03

Message withdrawn

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 17:03:32

Message withdrawn

chipmonkey Sat 12-Mar-05 17:07:12

Hanen't seen ANY MAws stuff in our local shops lately. I had heard that you should stick to a newborn teat because they have to suck harder at it, a larger hole makes things too easy for them, so they're less efficient at the breast but tbh it sounded like one of those rules you could take with a pinch of salt!

kama Sat 12-Mar-05 17:13:08

Message withdrawn

mears Sat 12-Mar-05 17:26:29

If you can't get Maws then I think teats for large neck bottles are better because their mouths are open wider when sucking. I don't think it should be made too difficult for the baby or they will object to it. Bottles are only a problem when a baby has not yet established breastfeeding properly and therefore might suffer from confusion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now