Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

help please, my 3 day old has blisters on her lips!!

(9 Posts)
mckenzie Sat 12-Mar-05 14:01:43

why is this, does anyone know?
She was feeding for England last night but has been not that interested today. Should I put anything on them? Does anyone know if this is normal please?

HUNKERMUNKER Sat 12-Mar-05 14:04:43

Yes, totally normal - they're sucking blisters. DS still gets a big one occasionally in the middle of his top lip - he's 11 months old. Don't put anything on them or pick them off - they flap about a bit as the skin dries up (and look a bit like teeth if they're big ones!), but they soon go. Then she'll get more

mears Sat 12-Mar-05 14:05:28

totally normal. I see she is making up for the slow start

psychomum5 Sat 12-Mar-05 14:05:52

hunkermunker is right....they are sucking blisters, and totally totally normal.

mears Sat 12-Mar-05 14:06:29

makwe sure you wake her for feeds so that you are not feeding all night. Strip her down to her nappy and lie her against your skin to stimulate her to want to feed.

laneydaye Sat 12-Mar-05 14:11:58

Mckenzie.... remember feeling scared when this happened to my dd for 1st 3 days she was breast feeding for about 8 hrs through the night on and off.... and the hv said try to feed her evry 3/4 hrs or so as to not get them....

Cooperoo Sat 12-Mar-05 14:24:00

I remember dd got one the day we brought her home from hosp and I cried and cried that I had damaged her already (3 days old) and shouldn't be allowed children. Thank goodness I read it was totally normal if a bit scary the first time. Congrats on your new arrival and take care.

stitch Sat 12-Mar-05 14:30:38

perfectly normal. you know you are feeding your baby well if she has them.

Leogaela Sat 12-Mar-05 16:19:29

Dab some of your breast milk on them. That's what they told me to do in hospital and the blisters had cleared up the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now