Talk

Advanced search

how often do you visit yourhv

(4 Posts)
wahwah1270 Tue 04-Nov-08 12:05:45

hello

Since my dd was weighed and not put weight on 1mth ago at a visit to surgery i invested in some scales andcan now monitor her weight gain at home without so much stress for me. She has gained a lot in the month so i feel no reason to visit the hv asam happy with her.

However whilst taking dd for her jabs today the hv sawus in the waiting room and gave us an odd look. Am i wrong for not going weekly to HV should i start going weekly?

pagwatch Tue 04-Nov-08 12:12:11

I never took DD to the HV after her hand over check at about four weeks . She is six years old now.

You should go as often as you want. The visits are fr yours and babys support and comfort. Not for her to feel needed.
I am sure she is busy enough without you going more often than you need to

cmotdibbler Tue 04-Nov-08 13:09:41

I went 4 times (to go to post natal group), then at 8 months, 12 months and 2 years. HV here had a bit of a mutter, but I pointed out that he was fit and well, and I had better things to do than go and see her.

wahwah1270 Tue 04-Nov-08 13:12:43

Thanks I just feel like I'm expected to go weekly although i dont see the point unless I have an issue. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now