Talk

Advanced search

Hungry baby formula

(6 Posts)
inscotland Sun 02-Nov-08 10:40:01

Is there any benefit to giving this? Does it actually fill a baby more than first stage stuff? Has anyone tried it that can tell me?

Thank you.

colacubes Sun 02-Nov-08 10:58:08

Hi inscotland, both my ds and dd, both moved on to the hungry baby formula pretty quickly, and did make a difference with both my dc, they were much happier babies, not as hungry at all.

combustiblelemon Sun 02-Nov-08 11:57:45

It is harder for the baby to digest, so a feed takes longer to clear the baby's system. Calorie wise it's no different to ordinary formula.

Sawyer64 Sun 02-Nov-08 12:00:22

I used this but at some point had to watch the amount of weight gain DD1 was having,once she had been settled at night for longer and had a routine of sleeping without waking overnight I switched back.But it was useful initially.

Scampish Mon 03-Nov-08 19:12:03

If you actually read the info on it, its to help delay weaning. But you have to look hard to find that info.

I'm a bit cynical, I think its just another ploy to make you buy formula

spongebrainbigpants Mon 03-Nov-08 19:23:55

inscotland, I changed my DS onto it cos after sleeping through the night for nearly four months he started to wake for a night feed - I don't want to wean until 26 wks so switched to this feed.

Didn't make any difference and just made him severely constipated!

Have now switched back sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now