Talk

Advanced search

We've spent weeks researching and testing breast pumps and bottles in real homes with real families. Read our baby feeding bottle and breast pump reviews to find out which ones were awarded Mumsnet Best.

How long does it take for your milk to go when you stop feeding?

(5 Posts)
LoveBeingAMummy Sun 02-Nov-08 07:50:08

EBF lo till 6 months and she's now 7.5 months and has only a feed last thing before bed. I am going to stop this now and wondered how long it will take for my milk to go especially as she's been having just one feed a day (and not a full one) for about 3 weeks. Thanks

RedSparklersOnHerHead Sun 02-Nov-08 14:47:57

It could take a couple of weeks for you to notice that there isn't much there, but it may not dry up completely for a few months. I stopped BFing DS1 when he was 15mths and he was coming up to 3 when i concieved again and could still get a little bit out if I squeezed. But after the first week or so you shouldn't leak anything and they will start to get smaller as your milk supply diminishes.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 02-Nov-08 19:35:51

There's defo been a change recently and haven't leaked for months anyway.

thanks

princessmel Sun 02-Nov-08 19:39:40

I stopped feeding dd just before christmas last year, when she was 2.4yrs, and the other day a little bit was there when I checked!!

Sometimes at night time I can feel that there's some there too.

LoveBeingAMummy Sun 02-Nov-08 19:49:01

blimey!!!!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: