Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can we talk boobs?

(10 Posts)
rascal1979 Sat 01-Nov-08 09:42:47

Sure this has probably been done before and I know that pregnancy has the biggest effect in boob changes, but how much did breastfeeding affect your boobs?

I've been BF my LO for 10.5mths now and plan to continue til she self weans but have recently noticed that my boobs have got smaller and well saggier of late - the size difference post feed is quite noticable

Is this normal whilst still breast feeding? Will they even out and get perkier once we stop? [hopefully but probably slightly delusional emoticon]

RedOnHerBeheadedHead Sat 01-Nov-08 09:45:40

mine didn't - but you can always hope! wink
Just get a good bra when you finish breastfeeding - have now got my breastfeeding boobies back! But am sure they will will be empty sacks again when we finish!

rascal1979 Sat 01-Nov-08 10:17:05

I am def investing in some good bra's post breastfeeding but seriously is there no hope....anyone?

wontbepreggersagain Sat 01-Nov-08 10:19:40

i can't remember ever having perky boobs grin but they do sag after pregnancy sad
not sure whether 'firming' gels work- could be worth a look.

rascal1979 Sat 01-Nov-08 10:34:50

Well to be fair they weren't super perky before grin but definitely more than they are atm.

waitingtobloom Sat 01-Nov-08 12:28:57

Think this is more to do with age/size/skin/good bra than anything. If you want a positive story I was a 34c ish before first baby, went up to an E at one point, settled on a DD whilst feeding and then afterwards was a D cup. If I stood with my shoulders back I passed the pencil test lol -would drop to the floor. Werent quite as perky as before and not quite as full but definitely passable and my dh still loved them.

I believe that they get a bit fuller again after a few months or years or something? I wouldnt know as stopped feeding in the october and was pregnant in the november.

I fed for 15 months. I was 23 when I got pregnant and 25 when I finished feeding if that makes a difference.

Friends who didnt breastfeed seemed the same or even worse to be honest so Im thinking pregnancy and weight gain maybe rather than anything else

axxx

2manychips Sat 01-Nov-08 13:58:49

I agree with waitingtobloom, I'm proud to boast my pair look pretty much as they did before I bfed dd but a close friend who didnt bfeed is looking at quotes for a boob job due to her unfortunate sagging.

ShowOfHands Sat 01-Nov-08 14:02:15

It's pregnancy that changes your breasts, not breastfeeding. But I do appreciate the shocking appearance once they stop being so full all the time. Mine are soft and squidgy now but alright when hoicked in a good bra. That said, am still feeding a 17 month old and 3 sizes bigger than pre-pg so we'll see.

electra Sat 01-Nov-08 14:06:23

I always had big boobs, but I do think breastfeeding absolutely ruined them. My mother, who did not bf still has boobs much like mine were before I had my children - and she's now 62! I had my children two years apart (first child at the age of 21) and bf them for a total of about 4 years.

I was so upset by how ruined they were that I had a breast aug - which may seem extreme but they had all but disappeared and I was very miserable about it.

Now I'm pg again - no idea whether they will withstand bf better because I now have implants though.

mumnosbest Sat 01-Nov-08 14:25:27

I think it's to do with age and skin! After bf ds for a yr my breasts returned pretty much to normal but a little bigger (good thing), although with the odd stretch mark sad. The second time round, I'm a little older, still bf nad have very droopy boobs. I've just invested in some chicken fillets to fill my bra out of I'm going anywhere special blush

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now