Talk

Advanced search

quickly medicine and b/feeding

(7 Posts)
evansmummy Thu 10-Mar-05 19:36:07

Need a quick answer! Can I use an ibuprofen muscle rub on a strained abdominal if I'm breastfeeding? In loads of pain and paracetamol just doesn't work, but don't know if muscle rub goes into milk! Please help!!

Flossam Thu 10-Mar-05 19:37:40

Obvious answer, but does it not say on packet? I think ibuprofen is safe to take orally when B/F, just not whe pregnant.

HUNKERMUNKER Thu 10-Mar-05 19:38:46

How old's your baby? Ibuprofen can be taken by babies themselves over six months old. But I would imagine a muscle rub would be OK any time.

tiktok Thu 10-Mar-05 19:38:57

evansmummy - ibuprofen is perfectly safe to use orally or in any other way when bf. You can check this yourself on this NHS site
here

Twiglett Thu 10-Mar-05 19:38:59

agree with flossam

bundle Thu 10-Mar-05 19:39:21

when i had flu at xmas my gp looked it up and said it was fine. she also prescribed voltarol, which is much stronger and then i remembered that's what i'd had just after my c/s

evansmummy Thu 10-Mar-05 20:17:16

Thanks. Ds is 3 months. It's a french packet and i've lost the notice so i don't know what it says about bf. As it's a rub though i'll go ahead and try it. Thanls for the rplies!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now