Talk

Advanced search

Probably a silly question about supply

(5 Posts)
sunshine75 Fri 31-Oct-08 16:14:14

Okay I've been bf for over 6 months mow (hooray) but am starting to want a bit more freedom. Up until now if I have missed a feed and dd has had a bottle then I have expressed at the time I should have been feeding.

Anyway, I can't be arsed with expressing any more. If I miss 1 or 2 feeds a week (to go to the gym/shopping etc) will my supply be okay?

Oh - do they suddenly need more feeds around 6 months because dd is and it's killing me

sunshine75 Fri 31-Oct-08 19:15:31

bump

misspollysdolly Fri 31-Oct-08 19:40:59

What side of six months is DD? Have you started any weaning yet? She probably is more hungry and therefore yes, needing more food/milk.

IME missing the occasional feed will do your supply no harm at all, though if you go for quite a long time you may get a bit full and uncomfortable. I went back to work 2 days a week when DS was 5.5 months old, never expressed while at work (though carried a handpump with me for months just in case!) was pretty full and a bit sore by the time I got in but just fed him two huge feeds and a bit of solid for tea as usual.

Continued to feed him til 18 months gradually dropping a feed at a time from about this point, but the two full days at work didn't seem to disrupt anything too much. Hope that helps. smile

mabanana Fri 31-Oct-08 19:50:56

Oh god no, don't bother expressing at six months. Your supply will be fine. It's very flexible. I assume she is eating some food now she's six months? And maybe drinking water from a cup? She will be fine and so will you!

sunshine75 Fri 31-Oct-08 20:32:32

Yes, just started weaning. She's not eating much yet though.

Thanks, I want to continue bf but really need to have a bit of time to myself again.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: