Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Did Nursery serve up my EBF to someone else? And what did Peanut get???

(11 Posts)
rockinghertosleep Thu 30-Oct-08 22:35:24

(posted in chat too...but think I'll maybe get better response here grin)

But here goes...

Right, so in washing up Peanut's bottles from nursery tonight (todays and yesterdays which I hadn't gotten to yet...) I realized that I was washing 4 of the same coloured teal bottles and one pale blue one. Except we only own 3 teal bottles and 3 pale blue ones. And I only had 1 light blue one in her drawer. Which means... the nursery must have sent us home with Someone Else's teal bottle and sent them homw with our light blue one.

So am I right in being worried that Peanut was given Someone Else's Breastmilk/formula?

Note that my apparent donation of breastmilk to some other baby doesn't seem to bother me...

Other than all that expressing...

But seriously - how should I approach this at nursery???

Is it ok to ask what the other baby with the same bottles is fed - ie whether Peanut might've had someone else's EBF or Formula & if so what type?

And what might be health risks?

Sorry, head's full of questions!!!

Cheesesarnie Thu 30-Oct-08 22:37:00

i think if you have any concerns you should ask the nursery.

PillockOfTheCommunity Thu 30-Oct-08 22:42:28

surely the nursery rinse the bottles after giving the feeds? I know ours do, so the confusion is more likely to have come AFTER the feed than before.

lisad123 Thu 30-Oct-08 22:47:15

i agree, more likely to be after feeds. How do they store bottles before feed times?

rockinghertosleep Thu 30-Oct-08 22:55:01

I am going to talk to them tomorrow when I drop her off. They do tend to rinse the bottles before putting them in her bag to go home, but I can't be sure when they were mixed up. All the bottles are stored in the same fridge in the Baby room. Theyu have written her name on the bottles before but it always washes off, and I'm guessing other bottles are similarly unmarked/partially marked.

In thinking about it even more, they have given me her bottle from a steriliser before - where it was in with someone else's bottle (same type, not the ones we usually use tho) and the way they identified the nipple was by saying 'oh this one must be Peanut's - it's new looking.' hmm (they were likely right as she had only had EBF bottles maybe four occassions prior to starting nursery in Sept. so should be pretty new...)

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Fri 31-Oct-08 08:09:18

DS used to come home with other peoples bottles - but they tagged them with his name before they went in the fridge each morning so he'd had the right milk, they just grabbed the wrong ones after they were washed to give back to me.

The easy2name labels survive washing and sterilising with no problems btw

rockinghertosleep Fri 31-Oct-08 19:50:21

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh - where do you find those labels? I may be completely daft, but I've been looking around my local shops and the best I've come up with is writing on the bottle with a Sharpie...

I did mention the bottle mix up at the nursery today (but it was late and didn't get to talk to key worker) The nursery nurse I did talk to seemed to think Peanut is the only one in the baby room with the teal & light blue versions of the MAM bottles - therefore had no idea where/whose/how it got mixed up. Now I'm really curious how well the bottles are actually given/tracked. I will raise it again with her key worker on Monday.

CarGirl Fri 31-Oct-08 19:53:58

you get those labels on line

MatNanPlus Fri 31-Oct-08 20:00:48

Easy 2 Name Labels

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Fri 31-Oct-08 20:05:33

Them's the ones - I expressed for a year, 5 days a week, and my labels stayed stuck all that time. Had to pick them off when I Freecycled the bottles

We use them for all DS's stuff like shoes, inhalers etc and they are really very resilient.

rockinghertosleep Fri 31-Oct-08 20:07:42

Thank You!!!! Ordering now!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now