Talk

Advanced search

Seriously unsettled 10mo, will not sleep, wanting to comfort feed, help!

(4 Posts)
BouncingTurtleSkulls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:00:43

Ds is currently upstairs with DH as I have tried to settle him now for nearly an hour and he won't have it.
Put him to bed after bf as normal at 7pm, but he has being stirring loads, eventually went up to feed him, but he didn't really feed, more of a comfort suck. Seem to drift off back to sleep but every time I tried to put him down, he cried.
Brought him downstairs, but he became wide awke. Took him upstairs, gave him some Teetha and Nurofen (he has been teething a lot, I think he is about to cut his top canines as I can see 2 white bump).
This has done nothing. Tried to lie down with him, but he kept latching on, sucking 2-3 times, turning over, give him his dummy he seems to drift off then 5 minutes later he starts crying and rooting again.

I am utterly at my wits end, he hasn't a temp but he is clearly very unhappy and I don't know why. He is still screaming his head off but I am desparate for advice.
He has been doing the 2-3 sucks thing most mornings this week, and generally waking up loads for a week now. Up until quite recently he was only waking up once or twice.

daffodill6 Thu 30-Oct-08 22:21:01

Poor you and him! Is he eating solids - maybe he's needing more solid food to fill him? Alternatively, he's just unhappy about teething, out of sorts, and needs a bit of comfort.

Also could be a bug, give him lots of hugs and see how he is in 24-36 hours.If no better see the Doc ( unless temp raises in the meantime - then go sooner) Teething can make them quite poorly but we're now entering the prime time for tummy bugs/ cold viruses etc.

BouncingTurtleSkulls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:25:57

He is eating plenty of solids, I am pretty sure it is his teeth!

BouncingTurtleSkulls Thu 30-Oct-08 22:29:34

Dh ended up putting him down in his cot a few mins ago, still crying. I've just gone to check on him, and he is fast asleep... long may it continue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now