Talk

Advanced search

Anyone used a doidy cup from 3 months or younger?

(4 Posts)
nappyaddict Thu 30-Oct-08 12:19:32

My friend is breastfeeding but her lo won't take a bottle of EBM. I suggested a doidy cup but i wasn't sure if a baby of 8 weeks would manage it. She's got a few weeks before she has to go back to work to try and sort it out.

cuttingmeownthroatdibblaaaargh Thu 30-Oct-08 12:23:38

They do cup feeding in SCBU for prem babies, so no reason why not. The cap off many bottles works well as a cup too, so she could try that first with no outlay

nailpolish Thu 30-Oct-08 12:25:08

i gave dd's milk from a cup from time to time
when v small a spoon - i didnt have a doidy cup for dd1 but i did for dd2 - i obv had to hold it

Rhian82 Thu 30-Oct-08 16:09:55

My DS wouldn't feed from the breast at all for about the first week of his life. I expressed milk and fed it from a cup - firstly used a medicine cup (you know the little measuring things) and then the cap off a bottle. That seemed to work better, the wider top meant he could gulp down more in a go. This is exclusively how he fed in his first week before he finally figured out latching, and he regained his weight and everything and looked fine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now