lots of snot in 7week old baby poo

(17 Posts)
Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 00:16:52

any ideas?

tia

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 00:35:00

any experts up this late?

SolosWhompingWillow Thu 30-Oct-08 00:38:35

Don't know the cause, but I think it's normal. I remember both mine having it.

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 30-Oct-08 00:42:06

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 00:45:33

Allergies? sad I know nothing about allergies. Can I just leave it, or do I need to do something?

KerryMumchingOnEyeballs Thu 30-Oct-08 00:54:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 01:02:22

Milk!

BF

waitingtobloom Thu 30-Oct-08 09:06:47

I read your other post too starlight - do you think you have a fast letdown and lots of foremilk or a general big supply? That I think could lead to that sort of nappies - remember it from my ds. That could explain the squirming at feeds, bringing milk up as they drink too much or just want a comfort suckle and end up with a belly full.

I have problems with over supply - could feed a small army somedays - and DS and now DD used to get very windy, green poo, be sick, squirm a lot - and get angry at me almost that it was coming out so fast and there was so much of it. I too could pump really easily .

They were both frequent but short feeders too - so both did every hour and 5 to 10 minutes at a time - this could mean that the body makes more and more foremilk rather than hind milk which fills them up and makes them like this. Can also lead to green nappies but I havent had any of those this time.

Cant remember about last time but im sure it settled - its settling now and I think my DD is a few days older than yours?

Feeding from one side over a period of a few hours can help - say use the same side every 2 - 3 hours as they get the hind milk they want and are more settled as its got more fat and calories to it in less volumne. Also if you think your let down is really fast try feeding in a way so gravity goes against the milk - either lying down or if you can so it goes upward - them lying on top of you and you on your back for example.

None of this is easy with a toddler is it. You cant just sit on the sofa any more. The number of times I have left the house for a walk with them both and had to turn round because she wants a feed...luckily my ds likes pushing prams lol.

oopsacoconut Thu 30-Oct-08 09:45:44

Hi starlight

I had exactly the same with DD (now 8 weeks) I had an amazingly forceful letdown which initially would drown DD. I was advised not to express as the lest thing I needed was anymore milk (i expressed for the first time today and got 10oz in less than 10mins!) I was advised to block feed 3 hours a side at first so DD got all the milk she needed. My let down was still mad after 3 hours so was told to leave itt 3.5 hours which worked. Now Dd is 8 weeks my letdown isstill asfast but shehas grown into it a bit (and is feeding longer) and we only do 1.5 hour blocks. The bonus is DD has n entire feed in 10 mins whereas some babies feed for hours.

We used infacol to ease the wind that come with the gulping and winded every2 mins or so.

hth

oopsacoconut Thu 30-Oct-08 09:48:01

that should read forceful letdown and oversupply!!

lest = last

sorry feeding and typing at the same time.

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 10:46:32

Thanks waitingtobloom and oopsacoconut. I hope that's it, because that doesn't seem like any kind of disaster. BTW though, I do stick to one breast for a few hours, since I found it helped a little with the gas and reduced the need to burp (and move for that matter when cosleeping) during the night.

I too can get an oz a minute on a good day, but my breasts have never ever been anything but soft and floppy! hmm My LO slept for a 6 hour stint last night and my breasts didn't seem to notice.

waitingtobloom Thu 30-Oct-08 12:44:59

Thats a good thing they are soft - I think its a sign breastfeeding is established and dealing with your babys demands. Mine are like this too - and got to this state a lot quicker this time.

hope things settle soon xx

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 14:05:02

I have to keep telling myself: 'this won't go on til she's 18!' smile

waitingtobloom Thu 30-Oct-08 18:55:36

well you hope not, lol. Although Im convinced DS will be leaving home in nappies.

waitingtobloom Thu 30-Oct-08 22:20:27

Quoting myself from earlier..."Can also lead to green nappies but I havent had any of those this time."

Well obviously have now had a couple of green nappies today. Wonder if this law works in positive ways...

"I have never won the lottery"

Star1ightExpress Thu 30-Oct-08 22:45:25

LOL!

I guess I mean these little problems don't last iirc. Soon enough I'll be whinging about the 4 month feeding frenzy, or that she's biting me. wink

Glad it isn't necessarily allergies though,

waitingtobloom Fri 31-Oct-08 11:03:12

Yep, then you'll be sobbing that you've just done your last breastfeed. Cant please us mums!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now