Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Does your supply drop when you are ill?

(6 Posts)
Caz10 Wed 29-Oct-08 10:37:28

dd is 10mths, I am back at work ft and feed her approx 4-6 times a day, before and after work, bedtime and nighttimes. Been back since August and this arrangement seems to be fine.

Off work today with nasty D&V bug since last night, and dd just hasn't wanted to feed at all, she's latched on but then doesn't seem to get anything so pops off and is just eating solids if hungry sad

is this just a blip cos I' run down?

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Wed 29-Oct-08 10:44:12

It does sound like just a blip. Your supply can go down a bit when ill but not massively. I would just keep offering, maybe she's feeling a bit off herself.

theLoneFeeder Wed 29-Oct-08 11:12:47

I sympathise...I haven't managed to eat anything in 3 days, also due to nasty D&V bug. Am concerned my supply won't stand up to much more...(hsad)

theLoneFeeder Wed 29-Oct-08 11:14:11

oops! New to this blush...lack of nutrients and sleep taking it's toll. That should have been sad

MurderousMarla Wed 29-Oct-08 11:16:06

I have just been ill with D&V, and after having dropped to two feeds a day, my supply has kept up with my poorly 1 year old who has wanted to feed & nurse non-stop. I ate nothing for three days and was fine. I don't think it really has an effect.

MurderousMarla Wed 29-Oct-08 11:16:26

You'll be passing on anti-bodies too to help protect your DD from it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now