Talk

Advanced search

has anyone got a breastfed from birth chart handy?

(9 Posts)
MerlinsBeard Tue 28-Oct-08 21:52:06

i know i am about to be hauled into the HV about DS3s weight gain today. he is 15lb 13oz and 33 weeks...heading to the 2nd centile on the ff chart. wanted to now where he falls on the "proper" one for him. He is still gaining but VERY slowly

BouncingTurtleSkulls Tue 28-Oct-08 22:02:49

here

Good luck!

By the way, my ds is 10mo, and weighed in at 16lb10z a couple of weeks ago, he is also heading towards 2nd centile. My HVs didn't seem to worried!

MerlinsBeard Tue 28-Oct-08 22:05:14

it's a bit confusing, are they the bf from birth ones on there?

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:08:49

There's this one as well, don't know if it's any help.

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:12:52

Here's the WHO boys one

MerlinsBeard Tue 28-Oct-08 22:14:29

he is still v low down.
i KNOW he is growing and he is eating and feeding as often as he possibly can but he is just so small!!

My HVs will be round at the drop of a hat. they seem to care about ds3 but not ds1 and 2hmm

CharCharBaGOOOOOOORE Tue 28-Oct-08 22:17:40

Plenty of wet and dirty nappies? Is he happy, alert and meeting milestones? Then tell her to bugger off! grin You'd think by number 3 they'd assume you knew what you were doing!

MerlinsBeard Tue 28-Oct-08 22:21:10

yes he seems fine to me by all accounts. i could tell that the weighing lady wanted me stay today but i fled, so she hasn't actually made me stay yetgrin (had already spoken to her about ds2 and she brushed me off-long story)

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 29-Oct-08 08:33:17

those two charts are slightly different. is the kellymom one accepted for bf babies? i saw a nurse for his BCG the other day and she mentioned 'thrive lines' to use instead of the chart in the red book. (he's also gaining very slowly and is in 2nd percentile) anyone heard of these?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: