Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Tell me I'm being silly. I need to hear it.

(7 Posts)
iwantasecondone Tue 28-Oct-08 19:53:40

DS is 7 months now and breastfed. He is on three massive meals and eats everything, but still is a boobie boy. Has milk every three hours or so during the day, and lots more when he's teething (as he is now.) He used to take bottles but hasn't for last month as his front teeth are swollen beyond recognition and are obviously painful. I'll get to the point: have to go out during day (8-6) for next three days and DH is having him. Have loads of EBM, but am betting he doesn't touch any of it. Am being v silly worrying about him, aren't I? He will survive no milk during the day for three days, right?
Also...DH has never done a full day before... sad

smellen Tue 28-Oct-08 19:58:12

He will survive. He will probably hang off your boobs all night, but he will survive.

As will DH. And after the 3 days he will be as nice as pie to you for evermore, as he will realise that it is not a picnic.

Have a nice break, don't forget your breastpads, and take a breastpump with you incase you get a bit painfully engorged!!

MatNanPlus Tue 28-Oct-08 20:00:15

try an open top cup/beaker rather than a bottle for the ebm.

Lilyloo Tue 28-Oct-08 20:00:36

As Smellen said wink

mynameisluka Tue 28-Oct-08 20:00:53

Yes he may want to just make up for it in the evening/night.

iwantasecondone Tue 28-Oct-08 20:05:48

Thanks all..we have tried a cup and a beaker. Beaker just gets chewed to bits and cup is a whole new kind of game!! He loves drinking and then blowing milky raspberries but refuses to drink it. He will be fine, you're right.

thisisyesterday Tue 28-Oct-08 20:06:04

yes, he will survive, and you may well find that for dh he will take the EBM from a cup or bottle.
hope it all goes ok

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now