Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crying and squirming while bottle feeding - is this reflux?

(5 Posts)
mrsboogie Tue 28-Oct-08 14:43:13

My six week old will happily start his bottle then after an ounce or so of formula will scream, squirm and arch his back and it is very difficult to get the rest down him. He used to do this once or twice a day and now it happens at every feed during the day. He never does it during his night time feeds. I wondered whether it might be reflux as he behaves almost as if the milk is burning him - but why would it only happen in the day time?

If it is reflux I presume I should speak to my hv and ask about getting gaviscon?

grateful for advice

TettyLouBar Tue 28-Oct-08 20:23:07

Could be wind? Is he taking down a lot of air? Do you use any anti-colic remedy?

Check his mouth too, could be thrush?

wink

TettyLouBar Tue 28-Oct-08 20:24:29

sometimes the night feeds are so chilled and because he is half asleep he may be drinking alot better and taking down no air which in turn means no colic?

simpson Tue 28-Oct-08 20:27:07

What type of formula are you using? My DD was just the same at that age when she was on SMA Gold but switched her to cow & gate and she has been fine.

Another thing that helped was trying to do the day time feeding in the same way as night time. I fed her upstairs in her room with lights dimmed away from other Dcs and TV etc.

TettyLouBar Tue 28-Oct-08 20:28:33

yes simpson thats a good point, distracted feeders make for colicky babies! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now