Talk

Advanced search

I had cut down to 1/2 feeds a day - DS is 1 - can my supply cope manage to feed more whilst he is ill?

(3 Posts)
MurderousMarla Tue 28-Oct-08 08:06:46

The whole family has had this awful sickness bug that is going around and DS only seems to be able to keep down breastmilk.

I am happy to feed on demand whilst he is poorly, of course, but just a bit concerned that I'd cut down so much, I don't know if he is getting much from me. He is feeding every 2/3 hours but still seems hungry and is very whiney and clingy - but of course that could just be feeling poorly

Also a bit worried about leaking/engorgement when he is better and I return to work... any advice/experience?

runnervt Tue 28-Oct-08 08:23:34

I had a similar situation when my ds was just over 1. He was eating some other stuff so it was more feeding from me for comfort (and when it was hard to get food in hospital). I've no idea how much he got but I didn't have any problems with a hugely increased supply when he was better (i.e. leadking/engorgement).

MurderousMarla Tue 28-Oct-08 08:34:37

Oh, thanks, that's reassuring to know.

If it is just comfort that's fine of course, just a bit worried about him losing weight/becoming dehydrated. Not sure how long to withhold food for so might visit the GP for advice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now