Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Advice please!! How can I get my 8 month old dd to take a bottle?

(4 Posts)
Dragonfly74 Mon 27-Oct-08 20:56:09

Hi, My dd has been bf from birth and she is now 8 months old.

I am going to continue with bf for as long as possible but I would like her to take milk from a bottle or cup so that me and dh can have a much needed night out.

I've tried different bottles and teats and also bought a sippy cup but she cries everytime I try to give her milk this way.

Is there anything else I can try?? I would be grateful for any advice you have.

Thanks. xx

QueenFee Mon 27-Oct-08 21:02:41

My DS hated the bottle with avengence. I found that he would settle without his milk rather than have a bottle. Have you tried someone else giving it to her without you around. They often refuse it if you are there in the hope that you will give in and BF! Also perhaps try giving her the milk in porridge instead something completely different so she dosn't feel like its an imposter. Remember its only 1 night and it won't hurt her
hoping to help smile

Dragonfly74 Mon 27-Oct-08 21:10:06

Thanks Queenfee
I think I may have to try your suggestion of milk in porridge, Dh and both grandmas have attempted to give her a bottle while I hid in another room and she still cries. And I do give in and bf her so thats not helping.

QueenFee Mon 27-Oct-08 22:29:14

I know its hard. Have you tried her with different milks? (if thats not against your personal feelings) Sometimes its the taste that reminds them! Hope someone else has more ideas for you and good luck!
Can you give her your last feed before you go out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now