Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

giving it up

(4 Posts)
prueweller Wed 09-Mar-05 11:12:38

did anyone give up bf when lo was six months? i think people who have carryed on are wonderfull dont know whether i can do that or not!

suzywong Wed 09-Mar-05 11:14:37

sorry-my-space-bar-is-broken

If-you-want-to-carry-on,even-if-it-is-just-night-feed-with-formula-in-the-day-you-will-find-plenty-of-support-and-encouragement-and-advice-here

[smil]

flic23 Wed 09-Mar-05 12:15:34

i found it so much easier after 6 months. i fed DS till 12 months. the feeds are shorter my ds would have milk before food and lost interest in 5-10 mins so much better that the hour long sessions. I replaced his bedtime feed with formula at about 9 months just to get that bit more freedom and it was prob that that kept me going feeding him wasnt and inconvienience and it was good for him so i kept going on till he was ready to stop ie. he gets his pint from small bottle and cereal at brekkie and large bottle at bed. Everyone is different but icertainly found it rewarding good luck with ur descision

LIZS Wed 09-Mar-05 12:21:51

With ds I introduced formula during the day at 6 months-ish so went down to 2 bfeeds morning and night plus 2 formula feeds, late morning and mid afternoon. By a year was back to just the 2 breast feeds which finished at 15 months (morning) and then 17 months (evening). With dd was a bit later trying the formula (7 - 8months) and continued to mix feed until 13 months.

My advice would be to drop one feed at a time, waiting a few days for any discomfort to settle before doing the next one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now