Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Canesten Dual (tablet+cream) & breastfeed??

(5 Posts)
Alexa808 Thu 23-Oct-08 11:12:31

Out of hospital and got thrush from rubbery pads I used for Lochia that keep moisture in sad

Have been using another cream & sterilizing wash lotion for a week now, to no avail. The doctor gave that to me, but the trush is still there.

Would love to take Canesten Dual. It says not to take during breastfeeding. I am desperate though. Any advice?

Teddimac Thu 23-Oct-08 11:28:08

I had thrush about 3 or 4 times when pregnant with DD2 (drove me crazy, I'd never had it before and couldn't believe how irritating it was!). My GP recommended I shouldn't take Duo, but would be better to try Canesten Combi, the one containing a pessary and cream. It worked really quickly and I got it on prescription which probably saved a fair bit of cash by the time DD2 finally arrived...

Not sure whether the advice would be the same with breastfeeding, so I'd definitely check with your GP.

trixiethepixie Thu 23-Oct-08 11:51:35

Hmm not sure about the bf but my gp actually prescribed the tablet for me when I was pregnant as the pessaries and creams have never worked on me. He said it would do no harm to take it once when pregnant. I would ask the doc as teddi has said.

bamboostalks Thu 23-Oct-08 11:55:00

I used it several times to no ill effect that I know about. They put that bf warning on everything as a protection.

Alexa808 Thu 23-Oct-08 14:04:58

Thanks Teddi and Trixie, I'll look up the Combi pack.

Thanks bamboo, I'm considering expressing loads and then feeding it to her for a day and a night while the Canesten is working.

I angry thrush. Arghhh...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now