Talk

Advanced search

missing breast feeds, how much is too much?

(3 Posts)
LadyBee Wed 22-Oct-08 17:57:20

I BF my 6 mo son but tend to use a bottle when I'm out because he gets so distracted it's v difficult to feed him with any discretion or even at all sometimes.
Yesterday I had to leave him with a minder over his lunch feed, so I missed that feed, fed when I got him home but didn't express.
Today I had to go into work for lunch, fed him his usual lunch feed but missed the early afternoon one.
Tomorrow I am going out with girlfriends, so may miss the early afternoon, and will definitely miss pre-dinner and bedtime feeds.

Am I risking my supply here? Should I be expressing or should I be ok if I make sure I do all the feeding myself for friday and on the weekend - which should be possible?

LadyBee Wed 22-Oct-08 20:57:20

bump

weeamoomoo Wed 22-Oct-08 21:30:44

hi there, i'm not sure what the answer is tho i have the same problem of distraction with my 7 month dd. she wont feed if theres any distraction, but now i tend to think shes just not hungry enough and happy to wait 3 or 4 hours.

anyway, why dont you phone a breastfeeding counsellor to help you with your query. i spoke to someone at the National Breastfeeding Helpline before re. positioning and got some really good advice. the number is 0844 20 909 20.

good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now