Talk

Advanced search

Preparing morning formula quickly?

(4 Posts)
frans Wed 22-Oct-08 11:31:04

I'm planning to slowly switch from b/f to formula for my 6 month old. My only concern is that she wakes arond 6am ravenous - the formula we use, Hipp Organic, can't be prepared in advance and I need to boil a kettle, wait for 30 mins, mix with formula, then wait for 15 mins. DD will not like this at all! I can't use another formula as I've been unable to find another organic, vegetarian one. Any advice would be fantastic, thanks.

mamadiva Wed 22-Oct-08 11:36:58

All formula says don't prepare in advance.

We used to fill a thermos with boiled water before we went to bed at about midnight, take it upstairs with a sterile bottle and when you're ready just pour it into the bottle then add your forula and shake it.

It should still be quite hot and shouldnt take too long to cool if you sit it in a jug of cold water. Probably takes about 10 minutes to do all of that so cuts 20 mins off.

cmotdibbler Wed 22-Oct-08 11:37:33

Boil some water the night before - put in a bottle and keep in the fridge. In the morning, boil kettle and add some of the water to the formula powder and mix (as guidelines) top up with cold water to the correct amount - experiment to find the exact ratio for your kettle and fridge that makes the perfect temperature. Only takes a little longer than boiling the kettle.

Jojay Wed 22-Oct-08 11:38:15

What I used to do was fill bottles half full with boiled water and allow to cool overnight.

In the morning I'd boil the kettle and top up with boiling water to the quantity I wanted, then it would be at the right temp, as it was effectively half hot, half cold water. Yuo may need to tweak the amounts depending on how warm your LO likes it.

Then I'd add the powder and give it a good shake, and it's ready to go.

HTH smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now