Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

breastfeeding 4 week old................

(5 Posts)
ipanemagirl Tue 21-Oct-08 11:12:18

dd seems to want to feed ALL NIGHT........... Actually it isn't all night but it feels like that...... I feel like a milk machine, but I'm really just moaning..........

aurorec Tue 21-Oct-08 11:26:58

Sounds like a growth spurt. DS (6 weeks old now) did a couple of weeks back- he was on the breast all afternoon/evening. Literally 10 hours straight once.

ipanemagirl Tue 21-Oct-08 13:46:50

i think so too, she's growing out of all her 0 - 3 month stuff!

Tryharder Tue 21-Oct-08 22:51:19

DS2 does the all night feed on occasion - i've always presumed it's a growth spurt. It has the noticable effect of increasing my milk supply though as my breasts feel much fuller in the following days until the supply settles down again.

Have you mastered the ability to bf lying down whilst sleeping/dozing? If not, try and do so - it's a lifesaver, believe me!

ipanemagirl Wed 22-Oct-08 11:27:04

Yes I have tryharder! I don't know how I'd do it otherwise! It's really the 9 - 2 am slot when she seems extra hungry (or was last night) nothing quietens here except fairly constant feeding. But it's not the end of the world, she does sleep a lot during the day so I shouldn't complain.
My mother says 'Why don't you sleep when she sleeps???" Well mother because I have 1200 things to do then!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now