Talk

Advanced search

Dieting & BFing...

(7 Posts)
LadyOfRoffle Sun 19-Oct-08 18:32:03

Why do some 'diet companies' etc. say not suitable for breastfeeding? Is it because you are burning more calories or can it harm baby? I am mainly refering to the Cambridge diet...

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Sun 19-Oct-08 19:00:57

because that's a bloody starvati0n diet. starving youer body of calories while bf is likely to lead to problems in milk supply, and you getting very ill through lack of energy.

you can lose weight while bf, reduce your calorie intake slightly and gentle exercise.

LadyOfRoffle Sun 19-Oct-08 19:06:25

Yeah, am losing weight just by BFing (this time!) but was beng nosey on the website and was curious why you couldn't do it. Thought maybe it made your body produce toxins or something and that was why... I think I would keel over on the Cambridge diet by the looks of it - 400 and something calories a day! shock

VeryHungryKatypillar Mon 20-Oct-08 11:30:51

LOR, see this link for info on toxins.

400 calories? I'd rather spend my life in my post-pregnancy clothes than live with the pain of only 400 calories a day. Food gooooood!

VeryHungryKatypillar Mon 20-Oct-08 11:31:16

Am shocked. My link actually works!

greenlawn Mon 20-Oct-08 12:35:36

Last 2 times bf I seem to remember losing loads of weight when I stopped (when each ds was just over a year old) - which suggests we're meant to carry a certain amount of fat. I guess that means no dieting right now (ds3 is only 2 weeks old) - that's my excuse anyway!!!

waitingtobloom Mon 20-Oct-08 17:28:43

I can eat 400 calories just at each feed no problem lol!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: