Talk

Advanced search

BF and soooooo hungry!

(3 Posts)
BorgLady Sun 19-Oct-08 17:33:47

My DS is now 12 weeks old and has been exclusively BF from birth. He is thriving, putting on weight evenly and steadily, but I feel on the verge of starvation.

I have read that you are supposed to eat an extra 500 calories a day, but really, I could eat all my meals twice over.

Is this normal? I really don't want this to be a slippery slope to huge weight gain as I am in a dance troupe I want to get back to at some point!

MrsBadger Sun 19-Oct-08 18:06:02

I ate like a horse when ebf, was back to pre-pg weight in 12wks and am somehow now a stone lighter than that (dd 14m and still bfing)

it does take different people different ways though - your mileage may vary

Use your common sense - eat when you;re hungry but don't eat crap
ANd remember a lot of the time you;re hungry because you;re so tired - if you;re awake an extra 5h a day you need an extra meal to fuel it, iyswim.

littlewhitebull Sun 19-Oct-08 19:38:22

Listen to your body. You need more calories when BF than when pregnant!

Like MrsBadger I lost weight pretty quickly with little to no exercise and just eating what I wanted.

ATM I weigh about half a stone less than I did pre-pregnancy and I have done no dieting or exercise aside from walking with DS since he was born (he's about 10.5months and I'm still BF). OK, I'm pretty flabby but that's not going to change unless I hit the gym!

Don't worry about it, just try not to eat too much junk.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now