Talk

Advanced search

Can I take medised and BF?

(11 Posts)
MurderousMarla Sat 18-Oct-08 12:15:02

I know I should avoid things like lemsip but I have a stinking cold and wondered if Medised was safe for me to take?

SharpMolarBear Sat 18-Oct-08 12:16:24

I think you can take paracetamol ( I do) and so lemsip should be fine.
Double check but I'd rather take that than Medised anyway

AnotherNameForMyself Sat 18-Oct-08 12:17:22

Think lemsip is ok, not Max Strength though. Paracetamol is ok.

MurderousMarla Sat 18-Oct-08 12:20:59

Really, Lemsip is okay?! shock I do hate the stuff but it does help a bit, I am just fed up of eyes and nose streaming. DS is almost 1 and only feeds 2/3 times a day (well... usually! Sometimes it's like having a newborn hmm)

MurderousMarla Sat 18-Oct-08 12:21:54

So if Lempsip the sachet drink is okay, are the (non-max) tablets alright? Don't know if I could actually drink the vile stuff.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 12:24:40

Beecham's cold Cpasules say "check with your doctor before taking if you are bf-ing" which I took to mean they're OK but the company is covering themselves - usually they say "don not take..."

I was always under the impression that it was the decongestant/antihistimine part that dried everything up - including, to some extent, your milk, but I may have invented that in my mind!

MurderousMarla Sat 18-Oct-08 12:25:53

Yes that's what I thought Dragon. I'll get to Boots.

SharpMolarBear Sat 18-Oct-08 12:35:52

If you hate lemon lemsip have you trie the blackcurrant equivalent?

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 12:38:01

I may have checked the ingredients on Kellymom actually. I can't remember. I did come to the decision that it was OK although in my mind my milk supply did seem to be less generous (of course, this may have been all in my mind!)

MurderousMarla Sat 18-Oct-08 12:42:17

SMB - yes ming ming ming. I think the problem is that I associate the smell/taste with feeling ill (well duh) and that makes me think of a yucky feeling in your throat, hence being disgusting. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

ADragonIs4LifeNotJustHalloween Sat 18-Oct-08 12:42:41

here. The Beechams Active cold relief caplets Itook have phenylephrine hydrochloride. This seems to be deemed "moderately safe". IIRC, I took less than the stated dose - a single caplet when I first needed it and then no more until I really felt I needed them again. I also found soluble paracetamol in hot ribena strangely comforting - I think my mind believed it to be a blackcurrant lemsip!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now