Talk

Advanced search

Bottlefed baby - constipated?

(3 Posts)
Janos Sun 06-Mar-05 19:23:36

This is copies from a thread I posted in health, thought some folk on here might have some useful advice too. Thanks in advance!

My DS is bottlefed and normally drinks about 800 - 900ml a day. Yesterday and today he has taken a lot less. he is 13lbs 15oz and 17 weeks old.

I think he is constipated as he didn't poo for 2 days (normally at least once a day), today we've had three which he's never done before.

Also, when I hold him to feed he is crying and rejects the bottle after taking about 80-100mls, whereas he would normally take at least 150mls per feed. The only thing that calms him at this point is being cuddled in an upright position. Also, he is very grizzly and irritable - he is normally very contented and happy.

Just wondering - is this a sign he is constipated and is it OK for him to be drinking quite a bit less?

TracyK Sun 06-Mar-05 19:33:38

ps - you don't have to retype all your message again when you want to refresh your message for new viewers - just adda new message to your original and put 'bump' in the message. It then makes it an active message again - if you know what I mean.

pupuce Sun 06-Mar-05 19:55:37

Could he be teething? Constipation in bottlefed baby is not unusual... don't worry about that on its own

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: