Talk

Advanced search

'dangly boob' feeding

(5 Posts)
nickymorris Thu 16-Oct-08 21:34:42

A couple of days ago I accidentally (long story) ended up feeding DS with him lying on his back on our bed and me on all 4's over him with my boob dangling into his mouth.

Apart from the fact that he found it v. amusing and seemed to get a really good feed I also noticed that he didn't need winding afterwards.

While it's obviously not a feeding position that I could adopt every feed (suspect the local coffee shop would be a bit freaked out grin) I wondered if anyone else had tried feeding this way; and if they also found that their baby didn't need winding...

Plonker Thu 16-Oct-08 21:35:55

didn't it hurt your neck?

lolol at the coffee shop grin

PortAndDemon Thu 16-Oct-08 21:37:20

Drifting OT... when my mother was in hospital after having me, there was a woman in the next bed who adopted the interesting feeding position of putting her baby on his back on the bed, positioning a magazine on the bed just above his head, then leaning over with her weight on her elbows so that she could dangly boob feed the baby while reading the magazine and smoking a cigarette with one hand...

I don't know whether her baby needed winding or not, though.

nickymorris Thu 16-Oct-08 21:39:58

Nope - didn't hurt my kneck. I ended up resting on one straight arm and one elbow to ge the boob height right - and swapping over when arms started to get tired.

Was very handy for reading at the same time too (didn't have the cigarette!). That's actualy how we ended up in that position, I'd put DS down and reached past him for my book to try and read during the feed and he did his best suction maching impression as my boob passed by his head much to my amusement.

mawbroon Thu 16-Oct-08 21:43:33

I think it is called dangle feeding.

It is very useful for unblocking blocked ducts, especially if you periodically move the baby round a bit so they have fed at all 360 degrees grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now