Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Foods to Avoid?

(6 Posts)
greenlawn Wed 15-Oct-08 15:38:32

Hi, am just getting going with bf my lovely ds3, now 2 weeks old. Its all going really well for now, but its been a while since ds1 and ds2, and I'm racking my brain to try and remember what food used to give the other two dreadful wind!

The only things I can remember avoiding were grapes and onions. Both ds1 and ds2 were pretty colicky for the first month or so and I'm keen to avoid a repeat (no pun intended) experience - any ideas?

Oh and I remember drinking lots of tea to avoid wind too but I can't remember what sort it was - maybe camomile or peppermint?

Thanks!

aurorec Wed 15-Oct-08 16:08:25

I was told tomatoes could be bad for some people.

chequersandchess Wed 15-Oct-08 16:09:30

I don't know but peppermint tea is good for stomach complaints and trapped wind in adults.

chandellina Wed 15-Oct-08 18:17:15

if you look at the lists of the food that might cause wind, they cover just about everything a healthy mum might eat. (thanks - now i can add grapes to the list - hadn't heard that one!)
it's great if you can identify something that causes your LO problems, but i'm finding it near impossible.

ObsidianBlackbirdMcNight Wed 15-Oct-08 22:34:28

fennel tea is the one.

BraveNewWorld Thu 16-Oct-08 20:43:43

I've been avoiding onions and wind, found quite a few other things caused wind in DD in first few weeks, less so now (9 weeks) such as red peppers and courgettes.

Gripe water has saved us countless times. Good luck!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now