Talk

Advanced search

this is so embarassing....

(9 Posts)
ionesmum Sat 05-Mar-05 22:37:05

As I have been banging on about it for ages, I'm sure you know I'm still b/feeding dd2 who is nearly one. The problem is, she only likes one side. I'm quite big anyway, but now have one boob like a nice large grapefruit and one like a giant watermelon! I honestly look like a freak. I wear crop tops and stuff the big one in which evens things up a bit when I'm dressed, but I'm a good three cup sizes bigger on one sid ethan the other

Once I stop are they likely to even up again? Or will I just have to have another baby and hope he/she likes both sides the same?

ionesmum Sat 05-Mar-05 23:12:05

bump

summ1 Sat 05-Mar-05 23:18:48

How come she only likes one side? you must be in pain on the other side? I would have thought it would even out once you get into a routine with it but are you producing less on the side that dd is feeding from? I suppose expressing would help but you would still produce as its still being taken? sorry not much help just loads of questions!

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Mar-05 23:21:04

When I was breastfeeding I used to almost forcefeed dd2's on the other side. Couldn't bear the feeling of fullness. It was soooo painful. Don't you feel uncomfortable.

SPARKLER1 Sat 05-Mar-05 23:22:31

....I would have leaked everywhere too. Not sure what this does to your milk production if you only feed from one side though.

milward Sat 05-Mar-05 23:22:41

They will even up when you stop. I used to fill out the other side with breast pads!

ionesmum Sat 05-Mar-05 23:23:02

Hi, summ, from when she was about six weeks she has only liked one side - don't ask me why. I hardly produce at all on one side and have more or less used one boob for ten months! The hv said this was okay, so have just gone with it. I don't get any pain apart from feeling lopsided!

ionesmum Sat 05-Mar-05 23:24:11

Thanks, milward, I really hope so!

ionesmum Sat 05-Mar-05 23:25:47

Sparkler, its' as though I've stopped b/feeding for one boob and not the other. I don't think I could get the one she doesn't like going again even if I wanted to!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: