Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Another green poo kind of question

(4 Posts)
pudding25 Tue 14-Oct-08 19:36:36

I saw a green poo question below but mine is slightly different.

DD is just over 5 mths. She is mixed fed. 2 x ff/day and 4 BF.

For quite a while now, her poo has been green. Over the past couple of weeks, it has started to be a bit thick. When she has her nappy off and you see her doing a poo, it comes out at first like thick toothpaste and then gets a bit mushier.

I thought that it was because she was taking more formula. She used to only take about 100-120ml and has recently been taking up to 180ml.

She is usually healthy, happy, sleeps well and really content but only puts on 4oz/wk. I got her weighed yesterday and in 2wks, she had only put on 5oz. She is now 14lb 1oz(and is also very long).

She was also under the weather yesterday and up all night. Took her to the dr today who said she was fine (and felt her tummy too).

Not sure if any of that is relevant and hoping someone can reassure me and say it is normal for a baby her age.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 14-Oct-08 19:42:02

No expert, but if she has been under the weather then this might cause the green poo.

I only mix fed for a few days, so not sure what effect this would have on things.

hopefully someone will be along shortly with further advice smile

pudding25 Tue 14-Oct-08 20:07:21

Thanks Lack. She has only been under the weather for a day but has had this odd green poo for a couple of wks.

LackaDAISYcal Tue 14-Oct-08 21:37:08

bumping for you pudding smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now