Talk

Advanced search

which powdered formula to use?:)

(17 Posts)

hi i am nearly 27 weeks just getting organised.
which formula do people find best?

PuppyMonkey Tue 14-Oct-08 08:35:17

They're all the same basically is what I understand. So go for the cheapest maybe?

FioFio Tue 14-Oct-08 08:36:19

Message withdrawn

mamadiva Tue 14-Oct-08 08:38:16

Agree they are all basically the same.

I found Cow and Gate omnio comfort best for my DS because he had digestive problems but it's different for every baby so just wait and you'll find out which one suits you and your baby best

Congratulatins BTW.

hi fiofio no i am giving breast feeding a miss this time as dd was a nightmare

mamadiva Tue 14-Oct-08 08:39:32

shock Fiofio wondering how long it would take for someone to ask LOL

Didn't want to be the one to do it...

LIZS Tue 14-Oct-08 08:40:10

There is no "best" formula, whatever suits your baby and convenience. Do you hope to try to b'feed initially, otherwise you'd better ask what the hospital can supply or if to take any in.

lulumama Tue 14-Oct-08 08:40:51

get whichever one is available from the all night chemist or petrol station for when you run out at 2 am!

they are all much of a muchness

i would go for hipp organic, it is one of the cheapest and it is organic

LaVie Tue 14-Oct-08 08:41:12

I tried a few and found aptimil the best for ds although it is quite expensive. I think just try a few and see which your lo likes the best.

MamaG Tue 14-Oct-08 08:41:18

Tink - my friend had a horrible BF experience with her first and went on to successfully bf her second, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Don't want to preach, but thought I'd stick my 2p worth in

FoghornLeghorn Tue 14-Oct-08 08:41:45

Before this all kicks off big time (because it will) .... Ihave used Cow & Gate with all 3 DD's, my SIL used Aptimal (sp?) with my nephew as apparently it's the best of a bad bunch.

Congratulations

Flossish Tue 14-Oct-08 08:42:12

Just a gentle post to say one baby being difficult doesn't mean the second baby will be the same.

I used Hipp once we were mix feeding.

I don't know why. Just did both times.

Actually I do know why. I did all organic with DS for the first year. Didn't bother with DD but still got her the milk! grin

mamadiva Tue 14-Oct-08 08:43:03

Tink I FF just didn't fancy BF but don't be put off by your experience with DD all children are different but it's totally up to you

Sorry if I'm sounding preachy it's just I have a friend who has 3 children BF her forst with alot of hassle, didn't BF her 2nd and felt so guilty then BF her 3rd she still feels bad. But she shouldn't I think it's because the middle one is the one with asthma and she blames it on that but personally I think thats a load of well... yes anyway.

mamadiva Tue 14-Oct-08 08:46:38

LOL we are all going at you Tink sorry.

Most hospitals supply formula and the one I ad DS in told me too just pick one try it and if it didnt work out try another so you definately cant guarantee but if you try in hospital and perhaps get someone to get some before you get home that way no wasted money as it is quite expensive.

And also always buy 2 because it is murder when you run out. I ran out on christmas day... oh dear LOL.

cheers ladies

was going to take formula into bithing centre which is where i m hoping to give birth and hopefully i shouldnt be in too long either

SammyC Tue 14-Oct-08 08:52:05

I used Aptamil, on advice from a health visitor

Becky77 Tue 14-Oct-08 12:07:41

I recommend Hipp Organic, It's the cheapest but also far far easier on their digestive systems... DD was on Cow & Gate before and it gave her problems... I don't think they really are "all the same".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now