Talk

Advanced search

how would you like to be supported by your sil with bf?

(8 Posts)
freespiritfreedom Sat 11-Oct-08 13:42:03

i am telling my sil how well shes doing, and doing practical things to help like helping with her older ds.
and hoover etc.

just wondered what other things i could do

i was thinking of making her some homemade chocolate coated flapjacks
as i found eatting oats helpful in the evening

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 13:44:16

I would love it if my sil turned up with some chocolate coated home made flapjacks, and then did the hoovering for megrin

Mij Sat 11-Oct-08 13:48:05

It sounds like you're doing a good job already smile

Are there particular things she needs support with, ie, is she having difficulties?

If her DC is v young and feeding for long stints, anything that gives her 'permission' (if that doesn't sound too w**ky) to just sit on the sofa without worrying what else she should be doing, will be enormous help.

My DP stashing snacks and drinks around the places I usually fed was a lifesaver for me in the early days! Plus making sure the paper, computer, remote and phone were within arms reach.

ChairmumMiaow Sat 11-Oct-08 14:00:28

I was quite lonely in the first few weeks with a permanently attached DS. The best thing my SIL did to help was come round and talk to me (sometimes for hours - she works part time, nights so would come in before and after school quite often) She let herself in, made us both a drink and sat around telling me what a good job I was doing

freespiritfreedom Sat 11-Oct-08 14:12:53

shes bf before but shes just finding it tough with an older toddler too.

i'll go for the flap jeacks thensmile

belgo Sat 11-Oct-08 14:14:15

can you take her ds to the park for a couple of hours? I found things like that really helped.

freespiritfreedom Sat 11-Oct-08 14:16:03

yes and i can bring him round here toosmile

FlabbyTumSquashyBum Sat 11-Oct-08 14:49:15

I also find it very difficult with already having a toddler so my mum often comes over when dh is at work. Just having her here is a help - she plays with ds, makes cups of tea and usually makes me some tea before she goes. It sounds like you're doing a grand job already. I'd love someone to turn up withh some chocolate coated flapjacks (if only I hadn't had to give up dairy sad)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now