Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Breast pain - any idea what this could be?

(6 Posts)
naturelover Sat 11-Oct-08 08:37:03

DD is almost 14 months and bfs 4 times daily. It's been months since I had any engorgement, my breasts feel quite soft most of the time.

Anyway about two days ago I began to feel pain deep in the right breast, behind nipple - quite far behind in fact. Hurts when DD is latched on and when I press breast (DH's solution: so don't press!) I'm not aware of any lumps or bumps. Any ideas what this could be?

Thanks

naturelover Sat 11-Oct-08 08:37:53

Should have said - there is no soreness on nipple, it all looks normal (skin etc). It's not a sharp pain either.

thesockmonsterofdoom Sat 11-Oct-08 08:38:36

Thrush? do you have any white bits on your nipple, does dd have any white bits in her mouth or nappy rash?

thesockmonsterofdoom Sat 11-Oct-08 08:40:24

I would go and see gp to be on the safe side, very easily treated.

naturelover Sat 11-Oct-08 08:41:19

I've had thrush before, and it was a much sharper, shooting pain, so I don't think it's that. Plus no nappy rash or white in her mouth. It's not agonising but I think I'll go see a doctor if it's still painful on Monday.

thesockmonsterofdoom Sat 11-Oct-08 08:48:49

thrush can also cause deep breast pain, like a dull throb when you are feeding, does that sound like it. It depends on where abouts in the duct the thrush is iyswim. It is unlikely to be mastitus if you have no lumps or bumps, could be a blocked duct, the best way to deal with that would be to feed as much as possible from that breast and massage where iot hurts (I know) also express, basically try to complelty empty that breast to clear any blockage. If you start to get a fever or feel unwell then it is more likely to be mastuistus and would probably need antibiotics.
Siorry that was a bit rambly wasnt it, ask if you need me to clarify any of it. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now